I hope you’ve heard by now that Backbeat Magazine, established in San Antonio for a few years, has set up an Austin version. Well, I’m shooting and writing for them… The July issue of the mag is out, and I’ve got pics from local bands Little Lo and Markov in it. I hadn’t really done traditional photo shoots much before, so it was definitely a learning experience (and an extremely hectic day). Timeline:
1) Brunch at the Driskill (followed by a few cocktails at the bar);
2) Meet up with Little Lo there, and wander around the hotel for pics;
3) Quick jaunt over to Markov’s Richard Kentopp’s place (with brilliant natural lighting and hardwood floors for days; am so jealous) for the next shoot;
4) Race home and frantically edit edit edit in my one free hour before:
5) the Electric Aquatic Club party bus to Lake Travis and a killer boat party.
Here are pics from all of the above.
Oh man, look at these pics, it is just so amazingly sunny; I love summer.